A fire led Abbot Konrad von Lustnau to restyle the Summer Refectory in 1335. Buttresses support the external walls of the structure. On the south side, a ridge turret crowns the roof, repeating the monastery church's crossing tower in reduced form. Inside, the hall unfolds the full beauty of late Gothic elegance. A special feature: just three narrow hexagonal pilasters support the delicate stellar vaulting. High fan tracery windows flood the dining hall with plenty of light.