Relics in protective packaging
The relic from the period around 1400 served to store and display precious relics. The two wooden panels, connected with joints, are each 73.5 centimeters tall and 25.5 centimeters wide. Small compartments on the inside house the relics. It is likely that they were covered with thin sheets of horn or parchment to protect the holy objects. The outside was decorated with iron fittings in the shape of tendrils and the coat of arms of Abbot Peter von Gomaringen.